- Remove your dressing two hours after the procedure and soak in a vinegar and water solution (1/4 cup white vinegar to 1gal of water).
- Apply a thin film of Silvadene cream or triple antibiotic after soaking then cover with a fabric band aid.
- Repeat the vinegar and water or use Epsom salt soaks 1-2 times daily until the wound is no longer draining. This may take 3-4 weeks.
- If a scab forms, do not remove the scab.
- Reapply the antibiotic ointment and a band aid after each soak.
- You will follow up 2 weeks after your procedure, but if you feel that you need to be seen earlier you can call for an appointment.
- If you notice an area of redness forming around the area which becomes painful and is enlarging, pus coming from the wound, or discoloration of the wound bed, call the office immediately.
- Call the medical assistants at Dr. Walimire’s office with any questions or concerns at 239-936-6778 x 2263.
Click here to download these instructions as a PDF.